Gone are the days of huge weddings with hundreds of guests. In today’s experiential landscape, couples are seeking more intimate weddings in uncharted territories that create unique memories with their closest friends and families.
From swimming with sharks and stingrays in the crystal blue waters of Bora Bora right outside your over water bungalow; to canoeing to a private white-sand motu where you’re greeted with champagne and a French-Polynesian drum ceremony before your personalised dinner under the Tahitian sky!
Or perhaps you prefer an exclusive tour of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi, one of the world’s largest mosques with 82 white domes, precious white marble floors, and chandeliers with over 40 million Swarovski crystals; followed by a safari tour in the world’s largest sand desert, where you are led on camel back to a glamorous Middle Eastern-style tented site where you can relax in a romantic spa with Moroccan hammocks and desert rose rituals.
Recognising this desire for unparalleled experiences, LLG Events rooted itself in the world’s most luxurious destinations to design, manage and execute once-in-a-lifetime events for clients from all over the world.
“It’s not about getting there, it’s about enjoying the process. We make the event experience less typical and entirely personal by incorporating your interests and mindset beyond geography and demographic. It’s authentic, ethical, eccentric…it’s you. Attain the new standard of luxury, where your event is complete with exclusive experiences that tie emotional fulfilment with unforgettable moments that last a lifetime,” said Teal Nicholson, creative director of LLG Events.
With this expertise, LLG Events is unveiling the top 2019 wedding destinations of grandeur across the globe. Bride Icon received the details on LLG Events’ partnerships with 5-star venues, resorts, and tourism boards in each of these destinations.
1. Dubai—The United Arab Emirates plans to make Dubai the top tourist destination in the world by 2025. “Last year, I had a sense that the invitation-only Destination Wedding Planners Congress would select Dubai as the location for their 2019 conference, and I was right! My guess earned us the first invitation to Atlantis, The Palm for this year’s business-to-business platform that brings together over 70 countries represented by their luxury event industry vendors who cater to celebrity and royalty,” said Lauren Grech, CEO and co-founder of LLG Events.
The influx of wedding vendors for this elite conference alone will form partnerships with venues and vendors of the region. Known for splendorous shopping, ultra-modern architecture, and a lively nightlife scene, Dubai is on the rise for attracting engaged couples.
Couples can choose to become part of the preferred clique in Dubai’s shopping district and have the groom don a pair of tailored shoes from their in-house cobbler offering a formal shoe customisation service…or they can choose to have their wedding reception on a yacht sailing through the Arabian Gulf with a full crew catering to them as they watch the sun set over the Dubai skyline.
2. New York City— is where people go to achieve their dreams; so when planning a dream wedding, it will always be at the top of the list for prosperous destinations.
“We have clients coming to New York City from all over the world choosing it to be the destination of their nuptials because it’s the melting pot of cultures where everyone is comfortable coming together, and that’s the most important part of a wedding day,” said Teal Nicholson.
“The best event designs are an expression of who you are and who you’re meant to be. Marrying in New York City allows couples to share their backgrounds, their values, their interests, and their love with components that transcend across generations.”
Additionally, the options for venues are endless, so couples can choose one, or even multiple, that are a true reflection of what they want their wedding day to be…whether that’s a hotel with outstanding views of Central Park, cocktails served exclusively in Baccarat crystal, or royal residences with Louis XIV-style.
3. India—“Celebrities always set trends, so with the recent weddings of Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas, Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh, Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja, we know that others will start to flock to India for their own interpretations of a celebrity-inspired wedding,” says Lauren Grech.
Premier publications are highlighting these extravagant, lavish weddings that extend over multiple days. This publicity provides all the necessary information on how to plan a destination wedding across the country, whether couples want to marry on a 32-acre oasis with manicured lawns and landscaped gardens; or if they want a property that boasts views of the iconic Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
4. Bora Bora—Named the top-trending destination for millennial travel in 2019, LLG Events is enhancing the mindset of Bora Bora from a honeymoon destination to a wedding spot that serves beyond elopements to larger groups of friends and family, with bucket-list activities taking over the itinerary.
“We recognise that couples are seeking a more exclusive wedding day experience,” says Lauren Grech, CEO and founder of LLG Events. “So we sought out a destination that’s exotic, that was not affected by Zika virus, and that could be affordable for those that were already willing to spend on a large at-home wedding. This led us to our partnership with the Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora.”
With a private suite experience that makes travelling to the Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora a breeze, and an endless choice of tours and pursuits upon arrival, couples are sure to start tying the knot in this picturesque location.
5. Abu Dhabi is more accessible than ever with an extensive list of new hotels opening. With flights from most major cities, couples can be put at ease when considering the travel experience for their guests with small children or elderly family members. It also often ranks as one of the safest cities in the world.
With all of the large investments being made in the Middle East, the Abu Dhabi Convention and Exhibition Bureau sponsored LLG Events to evaluate 21 of their newest luxury resorts and their accompanying experiences. This push to align with white-glove service proves the significance of the region’s goals of becoming a luxury wedding destination.
They are promoting their varied cuisine, culture and time-honoured traditions, with one hotel having 14 restaurants within it, satisfying any indulgence couples may have on a gold platter; and the Women’s Handicraft Centre allowing couples to source local embroidery, weaving and other creative arts for wedding decor or favors.